A division of UW Health, SwedishAmerican is dedicated to providing excellence in healthcare and compassionate care to the community. SwedishAmerican Hospital is a 333-bed, full-service, non-profit hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. SwedishAmerican is also a teaching hospital that hosts the University of Illinois College of Medicine's residency program. Founded in 1911, SwedishAmerican Hospital has earned a reputation for its commitment to quality healthcare, including clinical excellence, outcome measurements and placing the needs and concerns of our patients first.
- More than 350 active and courtesy staff physicians, encompassing approximately 40 different specialties
- Many specially trained allied health professionals
- SwedishAmerican's physicians represent all major surgical specialties and sub-specialties
- Our outpatient surgery center provides state-of-the-art procedures and service to more than 6,000 patients annually
- Services include: Lab, X-ray, Infectious Disease, EEG, EKG and EMG.
- We are located on the 3rd floor main hospital.
- 7:00am to 6:00 pm Monday thru Friday
7:00am to 12:00 pm Saturday
SwedishAmerican has developed a variety of special services, including:
- On-campus guest hotel
- Pet room
- Free valet parking (Monday-Friday, 6:00-6:00)
For more information on SwedishAmerican Hospital and the services it provides, call (815) 968-4400.