A subsidiary of SwedishAmerican Health System, SwedishAmerican Hospital is a 333-bed, full-service, non-profit hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. SwedishAmerican has an exclusive affiliation with UW Health and is a teaching hospital that hosts the University of Illinois College of Medicine's residency program. Founded in 1911, SwedishAmerican Hospital has earned a reputation for its commitment to quality healthcare, including clinical excellence, outcome measurements and placing the needs and concerns of our patients first.
- More than 350 active and courtesy staff physicians, encompassing approximately 40 different specialties
- Many specially trained allied health professionals
- SwedishAmerican's physicians represent all major surgical specialties and sub-specialties
- Our outpatient surgery center provides state-of-the-art procedures and service to more than 6,000 patients annually
SwedishAmerican has developed a variety of special services, including:
- On-campus guest hotel
- Pet room
- Free valet parking (Monday-Friday, 6:00-6:00; Saturday 7:00-3:00)
- Senior Passport Program (free Medicare claims filing)
For more information on SwedishAmerican Hospital and the services it provides, call (815) 968-4400.